Top 5 Traps that you can fall into that keep you stuck…
- Draining your power - You drain your power by not prioritizing yourself and not taking care of yourself. For example – getting so busy that you forget to eat or run out of time to workout or end up too tired at the end of the day to do anything but vegout on the couch. Then you have no energy left to do the things you really want to do or the things you know would move you forward. You drain your power when you focus on your fears. I call it focusing on the weeds instead of on the flowers. Does this sound familiar to you? Do you drain your power?
- Ignore your feelings – Your feelings will lead you to healthy relationships and toward what you need right now. There is wisdom and opportunity to learn about yourself anytime you have strong feeling about something or someone. Whether it’s a ‘good’ feeling or a ‘bad’ feeling. We are so conditioned to believe that we need to be rational and that our ‘feelings just get in the way’ that is because we no longer know how to trust our inner wisdom or even how to hear our inner wisdom. Also you might ignore your feelings because you think you don’t have time to deal with them or their messy or fill in the blank. When do you ignore your feelings?
- Indulging in the Sabotaging 3 c’s - Comparing, Criticizing and Complaining. Every time you compare yourself to someone else you sabotage your chance to be your unique best self. Criticizing others or yourself is the same as engaging in negative self talk. Complaining – we all do it. It is just a way of bounding and connecting. When I injured my knee recently, I was stuck in complaining mode – I call it my whiny-baby mode. Whiny-baby is talking about how I can’t do anything and I don’t feel good.
- Worry – When you are scared of what will happen if you do change. You worry about all the things that could go wrong. You spend time thinking about what if … and it is not a what if that feels good. It’s all the things that you don’t want to happen. As Abraham-Hicks says,“Worry is using your imagination to create what you don’t want.” Our fear of the unknown can keep us stuck in worry and in the next trap….
- Inaction - When you simply don’t do anything to get out there and go after your dreams. Are you doing anything different than what you did yesterday? Part of our mind that wants to keep us stuck in habits because they are familiar comfortable and safe. We need to over come that. I’m gonna tell you how in my next post. Keep doing the same thing you will get the same result. Right?
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” – Albert Einstein
Want different results? Do something different today! Take action.
Grab a FREE recording about the 6 Steps to Stop Self Sabotage and find out about my affordable Stop Self Sabotage Class via phone…
Click here: Stop Sabotage
Copyright © 2013 Rena Hatch and LunaGaia, All rights reserved.