“Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end”. ~Seneca
Each new calendar year is a start of something new and can be an end and a letting go. It is like a loop, a circle, that never really ends or begins, just a continues. Yet we can create a pause in the circle, by taking time to look back over what we’ve accomplished. We can also look forward to what we want to create in the new calendar year.
When we take a pause, we create space …. space within ourselves for more expansion, more possibility. When we take time to pause, reflect on what has been and what will come, it also allows us to appreciate this present moment as well. All the possibilities of the future are waiting in the present moment. All the memories of the past are in the present moment.
I encourage you to take time to pause, honor the past and dream of the future. Each year I set aside a short amount of time to reflect on the past year and what I did, what I learned, what I accomplished. Then I take time to dream about and plan for the coming year. My husband and I usually plan one big trip each year. Something to look forward to and make sure we start off the year with that big trip in the back of our minds (and often already on the calendar).
Tips to help you pause to honor and plan:
- Get last year’s calendar (or this years) and the coming year’s.
- Sit comfortably and breathe deeply.
- Reflect on the past year. What did you do that you enjoyed?
- What did you accomplish? What did you learn?
- What are you ready to let go of and release?
- What are all the ways you might do that? Read this for ideas.
- Breathe out and release the past year.
- Breathe in and invite in new beginnings and possibilities.
- What do you want to create in the new year (that you control)?
- How do you want to feel in the new year?
- What new things will you try?
- What steps can you start planning and taking now?
Want some fun, FREE, easy support for the new year?
Text UNSTUCK to 69302 – you’ll get FREE tips sent to your mobile phone that will keep you relaxed, focused and inspired.
Be open to the possibilities of a new day, a new beginning, a new YOU!
If you want even more motivation, sign up for the Get Unstuck Stuck Monthly Kit => GetUnstuck Kit – Monthly
Please share your thoughts and ideas below …