Blog and support site for heart-centered, busy women to Get Unstuck and Stop Self Sabotage!
Get FREE Get Unstuck tips + guided meditation:
I’m Rena Hatch, the Get Unstuck Coach. I’m honored you stopped by.
Connect to the center within where the answers live = your Inner Sanctuary.
When you do, you will be confident, balanced and true to your Authentic Goddess Self.
I just hosted my annual DeStress-Manifest Women’s Retreat. We ate lots of yummy, organic dark chocolate, did nurturing yoga, and tapped into ways to balance the body, mind, heart and spirit.
Now that it’s over I wanted to share some strategies with those of you who couldn’t make it to the Oregon Coast this year.
Here are some ways to Keep a Yoga Retreat Mindset everyday:
- Connect with your breath – If you are stressed or just caught up in the busy-ness of everyday, you can get disconnected from your body and your breath. Take a few deep breaths. It will ground you and bring you present.
- Don’t save the special – Do something special for yourself everyday. Use your fancy dishes. Wear your expensive shoes. What are you saving for some future, special occasion? Bring it out now. Embrace the special of everyday!
- Slow down – You might be so used to the busy pace of your life that you don’t even realize how fast you are moving and thinking. Try taking your pace down a notch. Move slower. Drive slower. Walk slower.
- Stop being mean to yourself – Are you being harsh with yourself? Are you picking on yourself? Are you doing the sabotaging 3′C’s? Well stop it! Read this post for suggestions on what to do instead. Be kinder to you.
- Have more fun! - Are you taking life too seriously? Lighten up. Everything can still get done if you do it with a lightness in your heart. Do something that makes you smile. Dance. Talk to a friend. Play in nature. Just 5 minutes of fun can shift your mood.
And, if you’d like more tips, strategies, support and coaching to keep a retreat mindset and have built in me-time, check out the new Awaken Your Inner Light class here –> StretchBeyondStuck.com/class.html
~Rena, Intuitive Life Strategist and Yoga Teacher
it’s all by phone and email so you can indulge no matter where you live!
“More than any other factor, your life today is what you chose it to be yesterday. More than anything else, your life tomorrow will be a reflection of the choices you make today.” ~William E. Adams, Ph.D
You are creating your life with your thoughts and your actions. You get to chose what you give your attention to. You get to chose where you put your energy. You are more powerful than you may realize.
If you want to create a life you love, then don’t let your thoughts sink down into negative ‘story telling’. You know what I’m talking about. That story telling you do when you tell yourself those ‘stories’ like “I’ll never get what I want. I don’t have enough money, I don’t have enough talent. I don’t have enough energy. I can’t do it.” And so on. You know those stories you tell yourself that keep you from moving forward? The stories that keep you from dreaming big and being willing to take the next step.
Those are just stories. They are not true. Those stories keep you from standing in your power.
Do you know what else keeps you from creating the life you want and drains your personal power?
When you get stuck in the 3 Sabotaging C’s – Complaining, Comparing and Criticizing.
We all do it. We all fall into those sabotaging habits of thinking and talking about what we don’t like, what bugs us, what irritates us, what upsets us, and so on.
So how do you stop it? How do you create the life you really, really want?
The best way to take back your power is with the 3 Empowering V’s – Visualize it, Verbalize it, and Validate it. In other words instead of complaining, comparing and criticizing – think about, talk about and thank about your hopes and dreams.
Here are 3 steps to manifest a life you love:
- Visualize it – Really think about it. Try replacing one of the 3 sabotaging c’s with thinking about what you DO want instead. Take 30 seconds to imagine what you do want. How would you love your life to be? How might you act if you were believing in your dreams? What would you do differently? Want some one on one support with this? Schedule a FREE consult with me here.
“Thoughts have power; thoughts are energy. You can make your world or break it by your own thinking.” ~Susan Taylor
- Verbalize it – Talk about it. Make sure to talk about what it is you really want. Talk about what you love. Talk about your joys and passions. We spend so much time complaining about what we don’t have or what we can’t do or what we don’t like. Replace that with talking about what lights you up. Find a supportive friend, a trusted counselor or coach. You start to take back your personal power the more you speak about what you want and what you love. There is energy behind your words. What you give your attention to expands.
“Miracles start to happen when you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears.” ~Richard Wilkins
- Validate it – Thank about it. When you see someone who has, does or is being what you want, don’t complain or criticize it. That only creates distance between you and that reality. Instead validate it. Appreciate it. It’s existence is to be celebrated. Feel the feelings of already manifesting it for yourself. This will make it easier for you to see opportunities and possibilities. Feel all the feelings that go along with it. If you were already living it. How would you feel? Allow yourself to explore. Have fun! Imagine how grateful you would be. Really feel it!
“Every time you praise something, every time you appreciate something, every time you feel good about something, you are telling the Universe, “More of this, please. More of this, please.” ~ Abraham-Hicks
And the most important step to creating the life you want? Take consistent bite-size actions! Without this last step…nothing will change.
“Keep visualizing it, talking about it, feel the feelings that go along with it and take bite-size actions consistently and then … pretty soon… you’ll be livin’ it!” ~Rena Hatch
Do you wish you trusted your intuition more? How might your life be different if you DID trust and listen to your inner wisdom?
Well, your intuition, your gut instinct, your inner wisdom is always sending you messages. You may have just learned to ignore it. Or perhaps, like most of us, you listen to your noisy, ever chattering, rational mind instead.
The rational mind is a fabulous tool when used consciously. It can help you come up with action plans and solutions to problems. But it can also keep you stuck in old ways of thinking.
Intuition and inner wisdom can help you to make quick decisions as well as choose which plan of action will serve you best in the long run. It can help you flow with life more easily instead of feeling like you are struggling to swim up stream through muddy water. It can give you clarity and freedom.
To really move through life powerfully you need to activate your intuition and use it in partnership with your rational mind.
So here are 3 Steps to Activate Your Intuition:
- Softening - Softening is about feminine energy and the opposite of the rational mind. We tend to trust the rational mind and our self-doubt more than our intuition. This blocks intuition. Softening lets you become aware of your emotions and your quiet inner voice that can get drowned out by the loud, hard, rational mind. To soften Try One of These: practice relaxation techniques; spend time in nature; take long baths; light a candle; connect with what you call Divine; Do my 5 A.L.L.O.W Steps; Come to the annual Day Retreat.
- Curiosity – Curiosity is a practice and a new way to go through life. Be a gentle witness to yourself. Notice what you have a strong emotional reaction to. What lifts your heart? What makes you angry? Be curious about what is happening inside you. What does this strong reaction remind you of? When else have you felt this? (these questions start a powerful healing and are steps to taking back your power!).
- Trusting – Trust in yourself to handle what ever comes up in your life. Trust that you are strong enough. You are smart enough. You are enough. You can handle whatever happens. No matter what path you choose, whatever comes up, it’s okay because you can handle it. Trusting leads to freedom. To be more trusting Try This: Give yourself permission to be playful. Try setting aside a few minutes each day to laugh with a friend; do something whimsical and fun; take yourself and life less seriously.
Recently one of my amazing clients asked a great question during a Heart Path Class Call: “I have a hard time trusting my intuition. And, when I do get intuitive information it seems too general. How do I get more specific answers from my intuition?”
My response to her was to spend time asking a specific question and writing down the 1st things she notices. Our intuition speaks to us differently than the rational mind.
Here’s what you can try and she can do to get more specific answers from your intuition...
1st – Come up with a question that you want specific answers to such as “What specific steps will give me more financial freedom.” or “What actions will lead me to the love of my life.” Or “What shall I do next.” The last one will lead to less specific answers. You come up with the question (or contact me to get support on this.)
Then, Activate Your Intuition …
- Softening – Get into a relaxed state of being. Breathe deeply into your belly 3 times. Then…
- Curiosity – Ask your question over and over – out loud or to yourself. Write down what you notice – in feelings, images, memories, sounds etc. – even if makes no sense. Your intuition and inner wisdom speak to you differently than your rational mind. So your answers my be images, memories, feelings, colors, sounds. Just write down everything you notice as you continue to repeat the question.
- Trusting – Trust what you wrote. Trust there is wisdom within you. Trust there are answers with in you. Now use your rational mind. Go back and read what you wrote. Interpret your intuition with your rational mind. Next to each response write down what it might mean for you. Write down 1 or 2 actions you are willing to try.
I’d love to hear from you. Let me know how it goes. How have you honored or trusted your intuition? When has your intuition been strong? When have you ignored it but later wished you hadn’t? Share with a reply below.
Want more practical advice that will help you get unstuck and find, follow and flow with your divine purpose?
Grab a FREE recording of the 1st Heart Path Class here ~> Heart Path Class Recording. (You’ll get the 5 Stumbling Blocks that trip you up and the 4 Keys to Finding, Following and Flowing with Your Divine Purpose).
Grab your copy here.
Sending you warm wishes,
~Rena, the Get Unstuck Coach
Inspiring heart-centered women to Get Unstuck + Cope better! Change your beliefs and your actions will follow.
Wish you could rock out your goals like it was nothing? Do you struggle to follow through with your intentions? Try these tips to setting S.M.A.R.T. Goals and you’ll be feeling like a rock-star-goal-reacher (okay, I know. Kinda lame. But you know what I mean)!
- Specific- Be specific about what you want to achieve. Break it down into smaller, bite-size goals. If it is vague and fuzzy you will be less likely to achieve it. If you are too general you will have no way of tracking your progress. So write down specific, small goals for yourself and you’ll be so much happier with the results.
- Measurable – By setting a measurable goal you will be able to reward yourself along the way as well as stay on track. Ask yourself – “How will I know I’ve achieved it?” Or ask things like “How much weight do I want to lose?” Or “How many pages will I write a day?” Ask: “What will I see, hear or feel when I’ve achieve it? On a scale of 1-10 how much am I seeing, hearing or feeling that now? Where do I want to be on that scale when I achieve it?” Make it as tangible and measurable as you can so you can track it.
- Achievable – Make sure the goal is achievable for you. Is it realistic? What might you adjust about it to make it achievable? Is there another goal that you might achieve 1st before this one? Making it achievable or ‘doable’ for you will also make success so much more likely. Makes sense, right?
- Relevant – What will achieving this give you? Why is it important to you? If it is not that important, you won’t put the effort in. You must uncover the deeper meaning of the goal for you to really go for it! When you get in touch with the deeper importance of it the goal will pull you forward and make achieving it feel like you are in flow with the universe.
- Timely – Give it a timeline. By when will you achieve this? Put dates next to each goal. It’s like making a date with yourself. If you put it on your calendar, you will be much more likely to make it a priority. Even if you don’t meet the deadline, you will at least have it in your awareness (more so than if you didn’t give it a time frame).
Want one-on-one support? Sign up for a FREE ‘Take Back Your Power’ Consult and we’ll get you rocking!
Schedule it here: timetrade.com/book/1D75R
Now you share:
How do you set and stick to your goals? What do you struggle with? Share with a reply below. I’d love to know!
“It’s ok to take baby steps as long as you go in the direction of trust. The next time you’re inspired to do something, honor it. That’s the Divine talking.” ~Dr. Joe Vitale
In support of Your Most Amazing Self,
~Rena, the Get Unstuck Coach
Inspiring heart-centered women to Get Unstuck + Cope better! Change your beliefs + actions.
Stop unhealthy mind-body habits with awareness and these 5 tips.
We all get stuck in unhealthy mind-body habits because they are familiar and comfortable. There is a part of your mind, I call the ‘comfort-seeker’ that actually wants you to keep doing what your doing and avoid change at all costs. Do you know why? Because the comfort-seeking mind thinks old habits mean safety and change means danger.
In order to over come the comfort seeker you must connect with your Authentic Sacred Self. You must remember the truth of who you are behind all the ‘programming’ and habits. You must connect with your intuition and your inner wisdom that gets buried under all the busy-ness and chatter of everyday living.
Try these 5 Top Ways to Get Unstuck
and Reconnect To Your Authentic Truth:
- Slow down – Take a few minutes each day to slow down, breathe mindfully and just notice how you are feeling. Notice what thoughts are running through your mind.
- Spend time in nature - Take walk or just sit and observe nature it could be in a park, in the forest, at a beach or in your back yard nature is close by if you take time to look and listen.
- Scribble or journal – Write down how you are feeling. Write about what is bothering you. Write about how your day was. Write about anything! Putting it down on paper will give you a new perspective and often sparks insights. Try it.
- Speak your truth out loud – Talk with a trusted friend, counselor or a coach. It is powerful when you share what you are feeling and have someone who is open-minded and nonjudgmental listening. You will have your wisdom and your authentic truth reflected back to you. This can allow for some amazing insights and shifts to happen!
- See yourself differently – This means visualizing what you DO want instead of imagining the worst or draining your energy with worry. Visualization is a powerful tool that takes practice.
If you want customized suggestions and intuitive advice, schedule a FREE consult to find out more –> bit.ly/Rena15min. Okay?
In the meantime make sure to grab your FREE Coping (Get Unstuck) Kit here: eepurl.com/rfrLX
I’d love to hear your thoughts! Share your truth by leaving a reply. Okay?
Warm wishes and supportive hugs,
~Rena, the Get Unstuck Coach
Forget those New Year’s Resolutions! Do you ever even keep up with them after a few weeks? (Most of us don’t.) There is a much better way to make positive changes in your life.
Often the resolutions can just end up feeling like a big ‘To Do’ List. Or it can end up feeling restricting and like you are trying to avoid what you naturally want to do.
Wouldn’t you rather connect with what truly fills you up and lights you up? Wouldn’t it feel so much better if the changes you made felt like something you were deeply excited about?
What if you had inspiration and guidance on how to do it?
Well, join me for a FREE Class that will teach you how to Find Follow and Flow with your Divine Purpose.
Get on your Heart Path and find out how to avoid the traps that can trip you up along the way.
It’s all by phone from the comfort of your home and you’ll get the recording if you can’t make it live.
Plus you’ll get a FREE Goal Setting Guide after the call.
In the class (by phone) you’ll get:
- Practical tips to follow your Divine Purpose.
- Top traps that can trip you up on your path.
- How to deal with a Big Trap: Procrastination!
- Ways to move forward on your Heart Path NOW.
- Inspiration and energy to be your best.
Register at this link: eepurl.com/L08KT and then check your inbox. K?
It’s free! Register to get the recording!
Can’t wait to see you there.
Warm wishes, ~Rena
Feeling stressed or overwhelmed? Take two minutes for yourself and listen to this quick guided relaxation.
“Just as a wave is a movement of the whole ocean, you are the energy of the cosmos. Don’t underestimate your power.” ~Deepak Chopra
Let me know how you liked it. Did you feel more relaxed after listening?
Please leave a reply/comment. K?