Blog and support site for heart-centered, busy women to Get Unstuck and Stop Self Sabotage!
Get FREE Get Unstuck tips + guided meditation:
I’m Rena Hatch, the Get Unstuck Coach. I’m honored you stopped by.
Connect to the center within where the answers live = your Inner Sanctuary.
When you do, you will be confident, balanced and true to your Authentic Goddess Self.
Our only limitations are those we set up in our own minds. ~Napoleon Hill
We all sabotage ourselves in subtle ways. We hold ourselves back from our full potential. We get stuck in unhealthy habits. We fall into the 5 traps that keep us stuck.
How do we change that? How do we pull ourselves out of the traps? It is all about CHOICE. Choice is where personal power lives.
CHOICE is an acronym for my 6 steps to stop self sabotage. Below is a summary of the 6 steps. If you want to learn how to implement each step and get practical tips on applying CHOICE in your life, consider enrolling in my Stop Self Sabotage Class. (It’s super affordable!)
6 Steps to Stop Self Sabotage:
- C – Commit to change! – Make the decision to stop falling into one of the 5 traps and commit to to change and commit to yourself. Set a powerful intention. This is especially helpful if you are stuck in the trap of draining your energy. “Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson - Making that commitment and that decision can be scary and sometimes you need a kick in the pants. There are some very specific things you need to have in order to overcome your inner ‘comfort seeker’ that wants to keep doing what you are doing. I’ll be sharing specific secrets in the Stop Self Sabotage Class on How to give yourself a kick in the pants to truly commit to what you want, how to set powerful intentions and how to overcome your ‘inner comfort seeker’ who is keeping you stuck on the couch or stuck in doing the same old things.
- H – Have the how – Must know how you are stuck and have a plan on how to move forward. This can help if you are stuck in the trap of Inaction. Having the how gives you a place to begin with your commitment to change. You may know how you are stuck but not have a plan to move forward. How will you make more me-time that works for you? How will you make yourself open to meet your soul-mate? How will you be more financially abundant? What is the how that you need to have? What plan is missing for you? I will cover how to create a powerful plan and how to make success-focused goals.
- O - Own your feelings - This is the opposite of ignoring your feelings – I will teach you techniques to find the wisdom and messages in your feelings honoring emotions is about honoring the feminine it brings balance and intuition into everyday life. You will learn how to hear your inner wisdom. It is also about own your fears. Owning when you indulge in the Sabotaging 3 C’s. It is also about being willing to be vulnerable which opens you up to softness, love and beauty.
- I – Imagine success – If you fall into the trap of worry, you are doing the opposite of imagining success. The solution is to visualize what you DO want instead. You must do it on a regular basis. I teach secrets to powerful and quick visualization and how to practice in a way that is successful for your unique way of visualizing (because it is different for each of us).
- C – Celebrate your strengths, your success, others success and what is working. This is key to overcoming the trap of the Sabotaging 3 Cs. There are some powerful practical ways to do this quickly and easily so it becomes a new mindset. This is about changing your mindset and your approach to success. When you learn to focus on the flowers in your life instead of on the weeds, your garden of life will blossom and grow abundantly.
- E – Express Success through your words and actions – how you talk about yourself and your life shapes your actions and your beliefs. In class I will share specific tips on how to retrain your brain to express success instead of being stuck in worry the 3cs and inaction.
Action for YOU:
Wanna listen to a FREE recording of the 5 Traps that Keep You Stuck and the 6 Steps to Stop Self Sabotage? Grab it here: eepurl.com/w0gYD
What do you think? Which step do you need to work on?
Copyright © 2013 Rena Hatch and LunaGaia, All rights reserved.
Top 5 Traps that you can fall into that keep you stuck…
- Draining your power - You drain your power by not prioritizing yourself and not taking care of yourself. For example – getting so busy that you forget to eat or run out of time to workout or end up too tired at the end of the day to do anything but vegout on the couch. Then you have no energy left to do the things you really want to do or the things you know would move you forward. You drain your power when you focus on your fears. I call it focusing on the weeds instead of on the flowers. Does this sound familiar to you? Do you drain your power?
- Ignore your feelings – Your feelings will lead you to healthy relationships and toward what you need right now. There is wisdom and opportunity to learn about yourself anytime you have strong feeling about something or someone. Whether it’s a ‘good’ feeling or a ‘bad’ feeling. We are so conditioned to believe that we need to be rational and that our ‘feelings just get in the way’ that is because we no longer know how to trust our inner wisdom or even how to hear our inner wisdom. Also you might ignore your feelings because you think you don’t have time to deal with them or their messy or fill in the blank. When do you ignore your feelings?
- Indulging in the Sabotaging 3 c’s - Comparing, Criticizing and Complaining. Every time you compare yourself to someone else you sabotage your chance to be your unique best self. Criticizing others or yourself is the same as engaging in negative self talk. Complaining – we all do it. It is just a way of bounding and connecting. When I injured my knee recently, I was stuck in complaining mode – I call it my whiny-baby mode. Whiny-baby is talking about how I can’t do anything and I don’t feel good.
- Worry – When you are scared of what will happen if you do change. You worry about all the things that could go wrong. You spend time thinking about what if … and it is not a what if that feels good. It’s all the things that you don’t want to happen. As Abraham-Hicks says,“Worry is using your imagination to create what you don’t want.” Our fear of the unknown can keep us stuck in worry and in the next trap….
- Inaction - When you simply don’t do anything to get out there and go after your dreams. Are you doing anything different than what you did yesterday? Part of our mind that wants to keep us stuck in habits because they are familiar comfortable and safe. We need to over come that. I’m gonna tell you how in my next post. Keep doing the same thing you will get the same result. Right?
“Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” – Albert Einstein
Want different results? Do something different today! Take action.
Grab a FREE recording about the 6 Steps to Stop Self Sabotage and find out about my affordable Stop Self Sabotage Class via phone…
Click here: Stop Sabotage
Copyright © 2013 Rena Hatch and LunaGaia, All rights reserved.
With all of the busy-ness of life, it is easy to ignore your inner wisdom. It can get lost in the frantic mind chatter of the day-to-day tasks and the endless To-Do’s.
The whispering truth? You have so much wisdom and inner power with in you. We have been taught to look outside of ourselves for the answers when they really live inside us.
You can reconnect to that wisdom and inner strength with a few steps and in just a few minutes.
The 3 Biggest Ways You Drown Your Inner Wisdom – The 3 Sabotaging C’s
- Complaining - Focusing on what is wrong in your life. We all do it. We spend time talking to our friends about what went wrong, what we don’t like, etc.
- Comparing – When you compare yourself to others you give away your personal power. You are unique! You are not meant to be anything other than your unique, amazing self. Don’t waste time trying to be or look like someone else.
- Criticizing - Negative self talk is exactly this. You might criticize others as well, yet the most damaging is self-criticizing. We all do it. We spend way too much time ‘picking on’ ourselves instead of being kind and gentle with ourselves. This is the opposite of the important teaching of Ahimsa in yoga – non-violence, or loving-kindness. It all starts with your treatment of yourself. Everything else ripples out from that!
- And a bonus (not one of the 3 Sabotaging C’s but it’s a biggie!)… Worrying – “Worrying is using your imagination to create what you don’t want.” ~Abraham-Hicks
3 Best Ways to Nurture Your Inner Wisdom – The 3 Empowering C’s
- Compassion – for yourself and others. Give yourself a compliment. Look for the good in others. Look for what you have done well today. Practice the art of self care!
- Choice – Choose a different, uplifting thought. Choose to look for the blessings in your life. Choose to imagine a good future instead of worrying about what could go wrong. Choose to believe in the best of yourself. Believe in your strengths and your intuition. Choose to try something different.
- Calmness – Create ways to be more calm. Create ways to slow down and be still. Be present to yourself and your feelings. Your intuition will blossom as will your trust in yourself and your inner wisdom.
The best way I know to quickly and easily reconnect to your inner wisdom is with my 5 Steps to DeStress-n-Manifest! Get the steps in my FREE GetUnstuck – DeStress-Manifest Kit…
Are you making excuses that keep you from flow? Are you making excuses to not move forward with your dreams? Excuses can be sneaky. The way we talk about ourselves and our future actually impacts what we end up doing. Excuses can keep you sitting in the same place and immobile like a statue.
Do you say things like:
“I will try to.”
“I would like to but….”
“I am just too busy.”
“I am just so tired.”
“I don’t know.” “I am not sure.”
“Maybe later (next week, next month, etc.)”
If you do, these are keeping you stuck. So ….
You do know. You have the answers inside you. You know what is right for you. You have just forgotten how to listen to your inner wisdom.
Best way to Get Unstuck?
Do something different. Take action. See what happens. Let me know how it goes!
A Few Ways to Flow More and Get Unstuck:
- Breathe deeply (often).
- Slow down.
- Practice listening to your inner wisdom (need help or ways to practice? – contact me!)
- Be in nature.
- Be fully present with a child.
Wanna to stop self sabotage; create more balance and success for yourself?
Grab your FREE De-Stress-Manifest Kit here: http://eepurl.com/u0UOz
What helps you flow more and get unstuck? Leave a reply/comment!
Flowing wishes to you,
~Rena, the Get Unstuck Coach
So often I hear my clients, friends and even myself, say, “I can’t. I just don’t have time.” Or “I’d really like to take some time for myself but I just don’t have the time.”
Have you ever said this or something similar? I bet you have!
Well, I recently shared my quick and easy steps to DeStress and Manifest with tons of fabulous women and I proved us all wrong!
We met via phone for just 12 minutes to go through my 5 Steps to DeStress and Manifest Guided Relaxation and Visualization and some amazing things started happening.
Women started stepping into their power. They started owning their truth.
“I know what I am taking away from this wonderful group of ladies & Rena Hatch is more than I could ever ask for in my lifetime. This is a new chapter in my life and I’ll be a stronger, more confident, authentic Heather than I’ve ever been.” ~Heather Weber, Mother and Disabled Navy Veteran 1st Gulf War, North Port, FL
“(The DeStress and Manifest has) really helped me a lot. I have notice more peace within me on situations. I am ending a cycle with my marriage of 28 yrs this year and believe me the releasing and transition has been a emotional roller coaster, but am finally finding peace and beauty all around.” ~Kathy Firkins, spiritual healer, lightworker, apache junction , az
They also said over and over’ “Wow, I use to think I didn’t have the time to spend on my dreams. Now I see it doesn’t take that much time.”
As one of the participants, Jenn Flaa, Author of The Happiness Handbook and CEO of Vettanna and lead vocalist for Urban Fiction, said , “12 minutes is totally doable. When I’m sooo busy anything greater is harder to “make time for.”
I hear similar insights and see similar changes in my private coaching clients. It is all about the power of our thoughts and the power of relaxation and visualization. Both make shifts happen in our body and mind.
It fills me with gratitude to see such amazing women sharing their Authentic True Selves with the world!
The New Year is almost here! What would taking 12 minutes for yourself each day mean to you?
If you don’t, what are you giving up? Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Get your own copy of the 12 minutes of DeStress and Manifest at this link: stretchbeyondstuck.com/destressmanifest.html
Warm wishes in support of Your Authentic Self, ~Rena, the Get Unstuck Coach
How often do you stop to notice what you appreciate about life?
I am sure you have heard about the benefits of an attitude of gratitude. Yes?
Yet, how often do you practice that attitude?
I find I need to remind myself to stop and notice the blessings – I call them the flowers of my life. The more I look for and focus on the flowers of my life the lighter and more blissful I feel. Not that I ignore the weeds. The weeds get my attention too. I just ask myself what do I need to learn from this ‘weed’? Or what is the positive intention of this weed (what is it’s inner flower)?
When you take time to nurture the flowers of your life (blessings, dreams, wishes, hopes, gifts, etc.) your life blossoms with beauty and joy.
If you spend all your time focused on the weeds – complaining, comparing, criticizing, worrying, about all the stuff that you really don’t want in your life – you feel drained, hopeless and lost.
What are the flowers of your life? How are you appreciating them and tending to them? What might you do to refocus your attention on them more often?
Do share your answers with a reply/comment! I’d love to hear your thoughts.
I am grateful that you choose to stop by and read my thoughts.
~Rena, the ‘Get Unstuck’ Coach
p.s. Wanna stay focused on flowers in your life? Grab my FREE DeStress-Manifest Kit – 5 steps to more calm and balance for the Heart-Centered Busy Woman. You’ll be amazed at how you can shift your mindset in just a few minutes!
I have been losing time and gaining hunger every time I visit Pinterest. What about you? Do you spend time on Pinterest?
Today while I was busy pinning, repinning and getting hungry I decided to take a few minutes to make some of my famously (among my friends and family) addictive popcorn.
(Cook on stove in big pot. Then add ghee, salt, pepper, paprika, all purpose seasoning, hing, and nutritional yeast. So yum!)
Although this isn’t a food blog, healthy cooking is something I enjoy, so I thought I’d share a short post related to it.
I get really into cooking during the fall and winter due to all the rain here in the Pacific Northwest.
One way to Get Unstuck is to spend time doing things you love. It is the art of Self Nurturance! Let yourself indulge in the things that lighten your heart and lift your spirit. What activities make you loose track of time? When do you feel light and joyous?
You must indulge in what fills you up not just physically but also emotionally, mentally and spiritually. For each of us this will be different and may shift throughout the day, month and year.
Trust your inner wisdom. Take time to slow down and listen to your heart. What are you yearning for? What are all the delightful, healthy ways you might give that to yourself?
In the spring and summer I much more interested in being in nature and spend way less time in the kitchen.
How do your interests and habits shift with the seasons?
I’ve been saving up some ideas and recipes to try out this fall on my “I Gotta Make This” Board.
Each fall-time I set the intention to try new things in my life (including new recipes). It makes me feel ready for all the newness of the new calendar year. It also gets me jazzed to set new goals and intentions for the New Year! (I prefer intentions and goals to ‘resolutions’.) In my post ‘What gets me all excited‘ I share more about all that. Check it out!
What gets you jazzed? What new things, recipes, adventures might you try? Do share a reply/comment below!
~Rena, the ‘Get Unstuck’ Coach
p.s. Do you get stuck when it comes to trusting your inner wisdom or taking time to slow down and listen to your heart?
Want some affordable support to shift your mindset and create healthier habits and stop self sabotage? …
Read about my e-coaching here: http://www.stretchbeyondstuck.com/services.html
Just scroll down to Email Coaching when you are on that page.